EU Brexit Update
Brexit? No problem!
We want to assure you that it will be business as usual here at Rimmer Bros and our ability to ship orders directly to you will not be affected.
We have been exporting car parts to almost every country worldwide for nearly 40 years and will continue to do so.
The terms of trade between the UK and EU changed on January 1st, 2021 and we now offer two services into Europe:
DDP (Delivered Duty Paid with agent)
- DDP with agent (Delivered Duty Paid with agent) all inclusive door to door service for residential customers which includes prepayment of tax, duty and customs clearance to our agent for your convenience.
- DAP (Delivered at Place) door to door service for residential or business customers excluding payment of VAT, Duty & Brokerage.
Available to residential customers only.
We can now ship your EU order door to door inclusive of all charges! Our new DDP with agent service is all inclusive and takes care of everything for you in a single payment. Orders are delivered quickly with no customs or border delays to worry about.
DAP (Delivered at Place)
- All-in price for parts, delivery, duty, customs entry and shipping - no additional charges
- The price we quote is the price you pay
- Not available to businesses with EORI numbers - use DAP service instead.
Available for all orders - web, phone & email -business or residential.
Our door to door DAP (Delivered at Place) service, only charges you for the cost of parts (excluding VAT and any duty), and shipping. The carrier then collects the other charges upon delivery (see below).
Although this method of shipping may appear cheaper at the outset, it can sometimes work out more expensive than the DDP service noted above, depending on order value and number of items in the order.
- Note that all prices shown on our website exclude UK VAT.
- EU VAT (based on the country of destination) is payable prior to delivery, plus a brokerage fee* and duty** (if applicable).
- Our carrier will collect these charges - a link will be sent requesting payment prior to delivery.
- The shipping charge displayed on our website does not include these charges.
- Our carrier will handle the customs formalities and deliver your order directly to you.
- A commercial invoice will be included with your order.
- EU businesses will need to provide us with an EORI number.
*A brokerage fee is calculated and charged by the carrier 'per consignment' upon customs entry.
** Duty is applicable to items that originate from outside of the UK/EU.
Buying from Rimmer Bros will continue to be simple and we look forward to supporting all your parts requirements for years to come.
Thank you for choosing Rimmer Bros.