Prices, VAT, Tax & Payment
Depending on your Geo location, our website displays two prices in GBP, one excluding VAT (for worldwide countries including the EU) and one including VAT at 20% for the UK only.
Please note that for Australia, New Zealand and Norway, prepaid taxes will not be shown until checkout, after the destination is entered. See below.
The cost of Shipping
and packing is not included in our Parts prices - this is shown separately at the end of the order (excluding oversized export orders which are quoted for on an individual basis).
All orders will be invoiced and charged in GBP.
Any prices shown in US Dollars, Euros or other currency are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and are intended for guidance only and cannot be assumed to be wholly accurate.
Please be aware that when using a program to translate our website, it will not always convert prices correctly.
All goods are sold subject to the price ruling at the time of invoicing.
Residents of the UK pay 20% VAT on parts and shipping.
EU VAT & Other Worldwide Tax & Duty
The terms of trade between the UK and EU changed on January 1st, 2021.
We now offer two types of delivery services into Europe:
Standard All-Inclusive Delivery
- Standard All-Inclusive Delivery. This is an all-inclusive door-to-door service for residential customers which includes all Customs Clearance charges for your convenience. There is nothing more to pay. Please see below for further details. Please Note: Orders to Germany are excluded from this option.
- Standard or Express Saver Delivery. This is a door-to-door service for residential or business customers which excludes payment of EU VAT, Duty & Customs Clearance. Please see below.
Available for all orders (except Germany) - web, phone & email - residential customers only.
We ship your EU order door to door - inclusive of all charges. Our Standard All-Inclusive Delivery service is simple and takes care of everything for you in one, single payment. Orders are delivered quickly with no customs or border delays and there are no additional charges to worry about.
Standard or Express Saver Delivery
- All-in price - no additional charges
- The price we quote is the price you pay
- Not available to businesses with EORI numbers - use Delivered at Place service instead.
DAP - Delivered at Place
Available for all orders - web, phone & email - business or residential customers.
Our door to door Standard or Express Saver (DAP) delivery service only charges you for the cost of parts & shipping and excludes EU VAT, Duty & Customs Clearance. The carrier collects the additional costs prior to delivery (see below).
Although this method of shipping may appear cheaper at the outset, it can sometimes work out more expensive than the Standard All Inclusive Delivery service noted above, depending on order value and number of items in the order.
*A brokerage fee is calculated and charged by the carrier 'per consignment' upon customs entry.
** Duty is applicable to items that originate from outside of the UK or EU.
Please contact us if you are unsure as to the best type of service for your order.
- Note that all prices shown on our website exclude VAT.
- EU VAT (based on the country of destination) is payable prior to delivery, plus a brokerage fee* and duty** (if applicable).
- Our carrier will collect these charges - a link will be sent requesting payment prior to delivery.
- The shipping charge displayed on our website does not include these charges if this option is selected.
- Our carrier will handle the customs formalities and deliver your order directly to you.
- A commercial invoice will be included with your order.
- EU businesses will need to provide us with an EORI number.
Residents of Norway pay 25% Norwegian VAT on parts and shipping. Our VAT number will display on the invoice.
Australia & New Zealand GST
GST is charged for Australia (10%) and New Zealand (15%) on parts and shipping for orders when the parts value is up to AUD/NZD $1000. For orders over $1000.01, the charge is removed before payment and shipping occurs. GST is then charged & collected by customs upon entry to the country. This is also the case for GST registered businesses. Note that GST will be displayed as “VAT” on the checkout page. Our GST number will display on the invoice.
Overseas businesses will need to provide an EORI number.
Note that books and manuals are generally zero rated for VAT purposes depending upon destination.
We accept all major credit, debit & charge cards for secure on-line payments. We also accept Paypal on orders where all items are in stock. Orders can also be pre-paid by bank transfer (in GBP/Euro/US Dollar- please add £12.00 to cover bank charges). If you send cash or Rimmer Bros Vouchers, please use registered mail. Please note we no longer accept Cheques.
Our bank details for GBP
NAT WEST Bank, Account No. 05839874 Sort Code 54-10-23 IBAN No GB74NWBK54102305839874 IBAN BIC NWBKGB2L
Our bank details for Euro
NAT WEST Bank, Account Prefix 550/00/ Account No. 06848516 IBAN No GB25NWBK60720906848516 IBAN BIC NWBKGB2L
Our bank details for US Dollar
NAT WEST Bank, Account Prefix 140/00/ Account No. 15012506 IBAN No GB16NWBK60730115012506 IBAN BIC NWBKGB2L
Errors & Omissions excepted. Rimmer Bros.