Triumph TR5-250 Speedometer
To have a speedometer recalibrated, the following little exercise is all you require to do to supply the information we need:
- Disconnect Flexible Drive from instrument end.
- Jack up 1 (one) driving wheel. (Do not jack up both driving wheels)
- Mark tyre with chalk line, masking tape or similar.
- Mark body or chassis with a line corresponding to the line on the tyre.
- Turn driving wheel exactly 20 times whilst an assistant counts the number of turns the inner speedometer cable makes, to the nearest 1/8 of a turn. (To facilitate ease of counting, a cardboard arrow can be made and pressed into the end of the inner cable.)
- Note make and size of driving wheel tyre.
You need to know:
a) Number of turns of inner cable for 20 turns of the drive wheel.
b) Make and size of drive wheel tyre.
c) make and part number of speedometer. (on instrument face)
Note: Please also ensure that you tell us if the vehicle has a limited slip differential fitted.